Thursday, November 19, 2009

Apple Store Christmas Windows: Starting to Look a Lot Like Everyone Else


I am a HUGE fan of Apple retail stores. I think Apple is one of the best retailers out there today. Their tree of apps display in their store on Chicago's North Michigan Avenue caught my eye. Is it me, or is this ho-hum? Anywhere else, it seems it would be a stand out, but the creativity just isn't there. For a high-visibility store, I would think something a bit more high-concept would come from Apple. It could be expense, of course, but as I've passed along before, Apple stores to 30 time the sales per square foot as Macy's.

Are they becoming a traditional retailer and doing safe holiday? Frankly, the red "ribbon" wrapping the store on their high-level bilboard display is more of a jarring site, departing from Apple's usual super-simple, understated imagery.

What are the best store windows this year?

(Sorry for the poor image quality-I'm a Blackberry user.)

Posted via email from ConsumerX: cXChuck's Stuff

1 comment: